Friday, June 19, 2009

Bidwell Park

I go to Bidwell Park several times a week to walk. I usually walk about 5 miles, focusing on the trees and birds and butterflies around me. The trees arch above the road framing a vault of blue sky that I never get tired of looking at. Red shouldered Hawks call and hunt and mate in this woodland, and Acorn Woodpeckers are everywhere. For a time there was an Owl living in a hollow half-way up a sycamore tree that I looked for each time I passed. Once I even saw a Ruby-Crowned Kinglet eating something red (tomato or pepper) that someone had dropped on the ground. Pipevine Swallowtails are everywhere with their black iridescence, and occasionally a Tiger Swallowtail flutters by. Hummingbirds and ducks and deer and squirrels also make their homes in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment