Monday, February 16, 2009

my birdbath

This is my first mosaic project, and it was a very symbolic process! I have been known to smash a few plates on the patio since Katie's death, and have even gone to thrift stores to buy 5 and 10 cent china because it smashes so satisfyingly. But I've never intentionally smashed things in order to create something, that was a whole new experience. It was serendipitous to find plates for a quarter with colored tulips on them, and the little blue bird was also an amazing find. And I smashed many more dishes on the floor with a hammer than I used! Heavy coffee mugs are only a dime at Sally's (Salvation Army), and smashing them with a hammer is a release.

1 comment:

  1. We will definitely have to try this together sometime. It sounds like great fun! :) Carrie

    ReplyDelete