Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dreaming of Poppies

I had a nice dream this morning that I was planting poppies all around my front yard. Remembering it later in the day made me smile, knowing that somehow I was going to find the time to plant the three packages of poppy seeds that are sitting on the table. We lived in the canyon when the kids were little and I used to plant poppies each year. I have sweet memories of counting poppy blossoms with Katie. It was so much fun to go out each day and check with her to see how many we had. Once we counted to 130 in our little patch of flower bed!

So you're welcome to come by and plant a few with me this week if you're in Chico! And check out the yard bling that I made in mosaic class! Armen said my birdbath looked gypsy! I'm hoping all the red in it will attract hummingbirds to come and play in the water! Lots of rain and not so many birds right now, so waiting for spring.

1 comment:

  1. I came home on Friday to a chickadee having a bath in the icy cold, just thawed water of my bird bath. And btw, my birdbath is nowhere near as beautiful as yours! It's plain concrete, and I've been wanting to make a mosaic of it for years. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete