Friday, March 27, 2009

peeking at the nest


I bought a finch sock full of thistle seed today and hung it in the tree next to the nesting spot. I wondered how long it would take for the goldfinches to find it, and was rewarded by a student letting me know pretty quickly that there was a goldfinch feeding on the sock! It's so nice when things go so well!

Today my baby is flying from the nest in Chico all the way to Chicago to go back to college. He's done a lot of hard work and growing up in the year that he's been home, so it seems right that he should be ready to go on with his life and his education. But I'm sad, I'll be missing him. He's a very loving person, and he's my baby. My nest will be empty, but that's as it should be. Launching is an important part of parenting. And he is planning to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment