Monday, March 9, 2009

yard bling

dragonfly over field of poppies

blue vortex

So here is the gypsy birdbath! I hope it doesn't scare the birds away! Grouting it was an interesting process. First I had to choose a grout color, then mix it and smear it all over till my birdbath was covered with black grout. Wow, hard to believe something beautiful could ever emerge from all that blackness, sort of a symbolic part of the process I think. Then, when the grout had set up just right, it was time to take a dry rag and begin to carefully rub away the grout covering the ceramic and glass pieces, cleaning away the excess from the beautiful parts. Amazing! Now I could see Katie's little heart carefully held within my healing heart, and the complete circle of eternity surrounding us and holding us safe. Oh yeah, and the little blue bird that helps me bring my happy memories of Katie into the present moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment